This casual position will require you to provide in-home support to our clients living independently as well as support out and about in the community to promote inclusiveness, independence, develop skills and assist in reaching personal goals.
The successful candidate must be available both weekdays and weekends, 7am to 7pm. Hours will be between 15 and 25 hours a week.
This may involve providing assistance with daily living including meals, personal care, hoisting, assistance with everyday household tasks, and meaningful engagement in our local community.
In your toolkit you will have:
- A strong commitment to the CLRS vision and values
- Victorian or NSW driver’s licence
- Current Level 2 First Aid or willingness to obtain
- Basic computer skills and access to electronic device/internet
- Three doses of the COVID-19 vaccine (or have an exemption)
Ideally, you will also have:
- Experience supporting people who display behaviours of concern
- An understanding of positive behaviour support and person-centred active support
- Cert III in Individual support, Auslan knowledge or hoisting experience
- Experience in personal care
Applicants must be prepared to complete NDIS Worker Orientation Certificate – NDIS Worker Orientation Module and NDIS Worker Screening Check (www.vic.gov.au/ndis-worker-screening-check).
We proactively encourage people from multicultural backgrounds and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities to apply. We also encourage applicants of all ages, genders and cultural beliefs.
CLRS is a wonderful place to work. As well as providing a supportive environment and rewarding career, our team are able to access a range of benefits including:
- Training and development including cultural awareness
- Career opportunities and progression
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary packaging
- Pay at SCHADS Social & Community Employee award rates including shift and weekend penalty rates
Applications must include resume and response to screening questions emails post application. This must be submitted through this link.
Community Living & Respite Services is committed to the principles of Child Safety and maintaining a Child Safe environment in everything we do.