Community Living & Respite Services has exciting part time opportunity for a Direct Support Professional in our Social Enterprises to promote inclusion of people with disability in the community. You will be providing opportunities through our dynamic activities to assist individuals to develop skills and gain confidence in a supportive environment to open up future employment opportunities.
This role will involve working with both children and adults, and providing assistance with daily living including meals, personal care, hoisting, and meaningful engagement in our local community.
In your toolkit you will have:
- A strong commitment to the CLRS vision and values
- Victorian or NSW driver’s licence
- Current Level 2 First Aid or willingness to obtain
- Current Working With Children Check
- Three doses of the COVID-19 vaccine (or have an exemption)
Ideally, you will also have:
- Experience supporting people who display behaviours of concern
- An understanding of positive behaviour support and person-centred active support
- Certificate III in Individual Support – Disability
We proactively encourage people from multicultural backgrounds and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities to apply. We also encourage applicants of all ages, genders and cultural beliefs.
Applicants must be prepared to complete NDIS Worker Orientation Certificate – NDIS Worker Orientation Module and NDIS Worker Screening Check (www.vic.gov.au/ndis-worker-screening-check).
Position description link
CLRS is a wonderful place to work. As well providing a supportive environment and rewarding career, our team are able to access a range of benefits including:
- Training and development including cultural awareness
- Career opportunities and progression
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary packaging
- Pay at SCHADS Social & Community Employee award rates including shift and weekend penalty rates
Applications must include resume and response to screening questions emails post application. This must be submitted through this link.
Community Living & Respite Services is committed to the principles of Child Safety and maintaining a Child Safe environment in everything we do.