Do you want a job that will give you the opportunity to make a real difference in the day to day lives of young people being supported in out of home care?
Community Living & Respite Services team is looking to employ quality support staff to assist young people to develop skills, facilitate enriching opportunities and provide assistance to help achieve personal goals
The role will involve providing the young people with activities of daily living; assistance with and administration of medication, access to their community, leisure & recreation activities, supporting educational outcomes and maintaining their home environment.
Applicants must have a Certificate IV Children Youth & Families or be willing to complete this training within 12 months of commencement.
In your toolkit you will have:
- A strong commitment to the CLRS vision and values
- Victorian or NSW driver’s licence
- Current Level 2 First Aid or willingness to obtain
- Certificate IV in Children Youth & Families or be willing to complete this training withing 12 months of commencement
- Three doses of the COVID-19 vaccine (or have an exemption)
Ideally, you will also have:
- Experience supporting people who display behaviours of concern
- An understanding of positive behaviour support and person-centred active support
- Certificate III in Individual Support – Disability
Applicants must be prepared to complete NDIS Worker Orientation Certificate – NDIS Worker Orientation Module and NDIS Worker Screening Check (www.vic.gov.au/ndis-worker-screening-check).
We proactively encourage people from multicultural backgrounds and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities to apply. We also encourage applicants of all ages, genders and cultural beliefs.
CLRS is a wonderful place to work. As well as providing a supportive environment and rewarding career, our team are able to access a range of benefits including:
- Training and development including cultural awareness
- Career opportunities and progression
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary packaging
- Pay at SCHADS Social & Community Employee award rates including shift and weekend penalty rates
Applicants must be available for interview and induction.
How to apply
We are hiring and we would love you to join our team by completing the following documents and emailing to email@example.com.
• Application Form – CLRS Application for Employment
• NDIS Worker Orientation Certificate – NDIS Worker Orientation Module
•NDIS Worker Screening Check see https://www.vic.gov.au/ndis-worker-screening-check
To apply for this job please visit clrs.org.au.