This week on the Barry Street blog, we had a chat to Peter Godfrey of Echuca Metaland. Peter and Echuca Metaland have supported the Opening Doors Project by donating roofing to the Barry Street units, in conjunction with Lysaght. This is a very significant contribution, which has assisted CLRS in delivering these accessible units to such high standards.
Echuca Metaland have been servicing the local area for over 20 years. In Peter’s words, he felt that, “it was time for us to give back to the community… give it back to a valuable organisation… There’s a lot of people out there that need this sort of housing.”
Echuca Metaland also supported our last Opening Doors Project in Maiden Street, Moama. We would like to thank Peter and the whole team for their generosity.
The Barry Street units officially opened on Friday, the 17th of June, along with the Opening Doors car draw. Throughout this week, we’ve been assisting clients to start transitioning into their new homes, and will continue over the coming weeks. It’s a very exciting time for the clients, their families and everyone who supports them. We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been involved in the Barry Street units, and everyone that continues to support.
Initiatives like ‘The Opening Doors Project’ are only possible through your support, so liking, following, sharing, and commenting are all fantastic ways to help spread the word on social media.
The projects are also dependent on fundraising, and wouldn’t be happening without the generosity of the community.
You can support the ‘Opening Doors Project’ by making a donation at https://www.givenow.com.au/clrs where all donations above $2 are tax deductible. You can also support by participating in or supporting the Johnno’s Run fundraiser.
Please continue to follow along with progress and fundraisers being shared across the following platforms:
- Facebook ~ https://www.facebook.com/CLRSopensdoors
- Instagram ~ https://www.instagram.com/openingdoorsprojectclrs/
- Youtube ~ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwZi2fvGc57pdt6UMCsl8iw
If you’re new to the Barry St Blog series, we’d love for you to go back and take a look at our previous blogs and videos:
- AN INTRODUCTION TO ‘THE BARRY STREET PROJECT blog = https://clrs.org.au/an-introduction-to-the-barry-street-project/
- MAIN PREPARATIONS DURING THE DESIGN PERIOD blog = https://clrs.org.au/main-preparations-during-the-design-period/
- THE ROLE OF THE BARRY STREET USER GROUPS blog = https://clrs.org.au/the-role-of-the-barry-street-user-groups/
- WHY IS THE OPENING DOORS PROJECT SO IMPORTANT? blog = https://clrs.org.au/why-is-the-opening-doors-project-so-important
- CONSTRUCTION UPDATE WITH KYLIE BRUNS blog = https://clrs.org.au/construction-update-with-kylie-bruns/
- JACK BOURKE OF THE CONSTRUCTION TEAM blog = https://clrs.org.au/jack-bourke-of-the-construction-team/
- Leah Taaffe (CLRS CEO) gives an overview of the Barry Street Project video = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWjs7uDY4rs
- Opening Doors – Barry Street Project – Meet Alex Crabtree from Cerno video = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-QmTEnH3uw
- Opening Doors – Barry Street Project – Annie’s Insights video = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxUB-yM5hOk
- Opening Doors – Barry Street Project – Meet Alastair video = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_KJCAbtGGA
- Opening Doors – Barry Street Project – Meet Fiona video = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGfPxwHWXy8
- Opening Doors – Barry Street Project – Chatting to Kylie video = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HagLuwI2wyk
- Opening Doors – Barry Street Project – Meet Jack Bourke video = https://youtu.be/PSdQYnothEk
- Opening Doors – Barry Street Project – Peter from Echuca Metaland video = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5gXvK2FKn8